You may notice ingrown hairs after hair removal where the hair starts to grow back but doesn't break through the skin. It can result in small, swollen bumps that may feel sore.
Want to prevent them?
Here's some tips to make ingrown hair less likely when shaving:
- Before hair removal, wash your skin with warm water and a mild cleanser.
- Apply a lubricating shaving cream/gel, and use a fresh, sharp razor.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Rinse the blade after each stroke, then your skin with cool water once you're finished.
- Use an exfoliator that features AHAs to help remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairs.